Monday, May 20, 2013

"WEAR IT WITH CONFIDENCE": WHAT I SAID AT INT'L NATURAL HAIR MEETUP DAY (#INHMD) ...


Me and the FAB ladies on the panel
There's no denying the strong sense of community that exists amongst women who wear their hair natural and the thirst for info. on everything from products and treatments to maintenance and styles. The shift in the market is totally evident by the number of bloggers publishing content entirely dedicated to natural hair. Independent brands tapping into the natural hair niche. And mainstream brands clearly recognize the value as they are catering more and more and introducing products specifically targeting the natural hair community. And thus, International Natural Hair Meetup Day (#INHMD). #INHMD, is an annual one day event that takes place across the country and brings women together to network and share stories about their natural hair journey, techniques, products and more.

I was extended an invitation to participate in the #INHMD DC stop this weekend. Hosted by DC based Koils By Nature, I was both flattered and humbled to sit amongst a panel of fabulous women including celebrity natural hairstylist, Felicia Leatherwood, and lend a voice to my own personal journey being natural. I had a far less dramatic story than some but the response from the audience was awesome! My theme, "wear it with confidence." Click "play" to listen to my response about how natural hair is responded to in the workplace. You can share the "dish byte" too and please provide me your feedback. I'd LOVE to read it.


Upon showing up and awaiting my turn to "dish". Where's the mic?
The awesome spirit that she is! Pamela Jenkins, Owner of Koils By Nature
#INHMD Founder, Adeea Rogers
The vendors stole my discipline and kinky-tees.com got the best of me #ShoppingConfessions

One of the highlights of the day was meeting Celeb Natural Hairstylist, Felicia Leatherwood. Coming soon to the airwaves of #BagLadiesLIVE for sure! 
For more pics from the awesome time had at #INHMD, check me on Instagram for #BagLadiesLIVE Weekend Edition @ bagladies.
--

For #BagLadiesLIVE segments, showtimes and more, visit www.bagladiesradio.com. Click to follow me on IG and Twitter @ bagladies.

Catch up on the dish you missed by going to www.bagladiesradio.com/listen. Scroll down to OnDemand and press play.


No comments:

Post a Comment