Friday, May 30, 2014

#MAMANISTAFRIDAYS: IT'S AN "ALL WHITE" AFFAIR ...

So I finally snapped had someone else snap a full head to toe look that I could link up with my girl and former on-air cohost, Trina Small of BabyShopaholic.com for her weekly #MamanistaFridays feature. Every week, Trina and Aracely of MamaFashionFiles.com select a theme and do a featured look. This week's freestyle theme was right on time.
I'm not typically one to rock a full white fit but such was the theme of a recently attended event so if I wanted in, I had to look and play the part. I had totally forgotten about this Lanston dress from Shopbop.com, a fave online outlet of mine. This was my first time wearing and although I thought I was playing a cruel joke on myself by even trying to rock it, I was pleasantly surprised. Note: I purchased like two years ago so I thought my chances were slim of still being able to fit it. But alas, it fit! I revealed how and why earlier in the week. Click here. This particular dress is no longer available but I would suggest searching Lanston at Shopbop.com for similar styles. The structure of Lanston styles are pretty consistent.

Earrings/Necklace, Shopbop.com

The neckline of this dress was terribly flattering and both the spandex and cotton made for a comfy fit with great structure meaning it both accentuated and hid at the same time. I particularly loved the length and I wasn't pulling and tugging all night to keep it in place. I was a tad concerned about perhaps it being too sheer but I just layered under a cropped white blazer with a peplum hem (sorry, no pic), and I was all good. 
Clutch, Target / Accessories, Shopbop
Eliesse Wedge, JustFab.com
I played up my accessories cause I needed the color which included a multi color clutch, gold neckwear and earrings and JustFab open toe Eliesse wedges which are great. I'm doing a video of how great they are so please be on the lookout. Layering I think is the key to wearing white and having fun with it. I just sifted through my closet, pulled a few pieces and pulled it together. 

What's your trick to pulling off an all white affair?
--
Follow me on IG/Twitter and Vine @bagladies.
--

 
New season lineup soon to come to the online airwaves of Bag Ladies Radio. In the meantime, OnDemand/iTunes are 24/7. Check out my fave show picks and access recent shows and the full archive at bagladiesradio.com/listen.  Follow on Twitter and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment