Tuesday, May 27, 2014

5 GOOD THINGS ABOUT BEING SICK. ONLY 5 ...

If you follow me on Instagram, you no doubt know I was sick last week. And not just sick as a dog but sick as a low down dirty dog. It came out of nowhere and took me down. I didn't realize just how sick I was until I actually started feeling better finally on Friday just in time for the Holiday weekend.  Sunday was the first day I didn't have to take any meds. All I did otherwise was lay and fight with all my might to breathe. I have such a new found empathy for chronic allergy sufferers and asthmatics. I was unable to post, couldn't tend to my kids, missed events, didn't engage much on social media which is totally not me and was super un-produtive for an entire week! Needless to say, I'm playing serious catch up now that I'm feeling better. And thank God I'm feeling better. BTW, thanks to those of you who extended me well-wishes. So because I'm playing catch-up, I'm behind on everything including drafting posts but I literally had a thought over the weekend, to break down that as much being sick sucks, there are a few, very few good things. Like to hear it?! Well, here's my list ...

1. Losing Weight - It's not the suggested/recommended way obviously but I had absolutely no appetite while sick. I knew I likely had lost but it wasn't until I hung out with my girls on Saturday nite and thought I was playing a cruel joke on myself by trying on a dress I hadn't been able to fit in like forever, only to find that it fit! And fit good *smirk*. Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning losing weight this way but if I had to be sick, I mean I'll take that.

2. Attention - Everybody wanted to check on me and see how I was which is hard for me because I'm terribly independent, to my own demise. But had it not been for the concern and support of fam/friends, I would've been much worse off. The best effort, a hand delivered care package by a friend that was sooooo thoughtful and also reaffirmed that chivalry ain't dead. Have hope ladies! You can see the bag o' goodies on my IG page @bagladies.

3. Mind Time - Since all I could do was really just lay, it forced me to be still and ponder some thangs. I was one with my thoughts cause I was too sick to do much else. And that is not a bad thing. So often we are moving at record pace until such time as we are forced to slow down. As much as being sick sucks, it did afford me time to just disconnect and clear my mind in a sense.

4. Best Excuse - Be it time off from work or whatever, being sick is the best excuse to not have to do something you maybe didn't want to do anyway. And for me, it was all in my voice so there was no mistaking that I was sick and because of that, I was able to weasel my way out of a couple of things I wasn't too terribly enthused about anyway.

5. Feeling Better - When sick, there is nothing better than the moment of feeling better and when you actually realize it. I realized it Saturday when I was less that sluggish, congested feeling and I could actually breathe freely. I wasn't 100% but I was on my way and wanted to jump for joy. It also reaffirms the importance of why we cannot take our health for granted. It's precious and we gotta make sure we give our bodies just due attention.

You have any suggestions to add to my list?

So I'm nursing myself back to 100%. I haven't fully regained my appetite but I'm getting there. And in all actuality, it probably won't take me long to put back on the pounds shed but I'm enjoying being a few inches smaller for the time being. Have a great week!
--
Follow me on IG/Twitter and Vine @bagladies.

--

 
New season lineup soon to come to the online airwaves of Bag Ladies Radio. In the meantime, OnDemand/iTunes are 24/7. Check out my fave show picks and access recent shows and the full archive at bagladiesradio.com/listen.  Follow on Twitter and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment