Tuesday, July 15, 2014

#BEAUTYTALK: MY LATEST HAUL featuring @BOBBIBROWN AND @JOMALONELONDON

Being a self-professed beauty junkie in addition to a shopaholic means any time spent in a department store, money will be spent in a department store. I recently had the pleasure of hanging at one of my fave shopping destinations, Neiman Marcus in celebration of a friend's birthday. Read the full details here. So it goes without saying that I didn't leave empty handed. Between the freebies and swag and that which I decided to pick up for myself, I left with a pretty significant haul. Upon trying out Jo Malone London scents and picking and choosing amongst some Bobbi Brown faves, I left with:
Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick - Bobbi Brown offers a wide range of shades for darker complexions but I just loved the natural looking coverage this foundation provides. I don't wear foundation on a daily but when I do, I want something seamless. It blends easily and I can apply with my fingertips. The Bobbi Brown ambassador suggested the walnut color to be a great match to my cinnamon complexion.

Bobbi Brown Art Stick - I couldn't refuse the Electric Pink and what I love about this stick is that it's like a liner and lip color all in one and it comes with a sharpener.
I had to try em' before I buy em'

Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Gel Eyeliner - I am still on a mission to master a fab cat eye and I love the fact that this offers the staying power and application of gel but in a pencil. And the plus is that it has a built in sharpener so you can make the head of the eyeliner as small as you like. And a tip that had most of us in attendance oohing and aahing was starting at the outer corner of the eye instead of the inner corner. Aha ...

Bobbi Brown Blush - This was interesting because I was ready to select a much brighter and much more pink color until I applied Slopes 17 only to realize that it was much more flattering to my complexion. Had I bought the other color, it would've surely been a do-over.
Jo Malone - Silk Blossom Cologne which is an irresistible limited edition scent. I'm a total smell goods fiend. And I go goo goo gah gah over everything from candles to perfumes and more. One spritz of this scent and I was a gonner. But the packaging is so adorable, I don't even want to open the box. It's a must-have.
Oh and did I mention the freebies which included everything from Jo Malone Lime Basil and Mandarin Cologne and Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream to a Jo Malone Makeup Bag and Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara. And the complimentary 10-Step Beauty Guide which provides tidbits on how to apply everything from concealer to lipstick, is a must-have. It's more than you might get in an at-cost tutorial. I'll be sure to keep it handy.

Quite a haul huh? If you could select any of these items, which ones would you haul away? Fun times ...I'll see you in my mirror playing "beat the face."
--
Follow me on IG/Twitter and Vine @bagladies.

--

 
New season lineup soon to come to the online airwaves of Bag Ladies Radio. In the meantime, OnDemand/iTunes are 24/7. Check out my fave show picks and access recent shows and the full archive at bagladiesradio.com/listen.  Follow on Twitter and Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment