Thursday, February 13, 2014

"THE LOOK OF LOVE", LOOK #3 - CHRONICLES OF THE LBD

"LBD" otherwise known as the Little Black Dress is always a safe bet. But with that being said, the style can be easily manipulated. You can create several different looks with one style. And most of us at least have one LBD in our closet so ...The key is to accessorize! Be it a semi-formal date night or a more casual evening, the LBD always works and particularly if you are looking for a no fuss look to celebrate the day of love with your love …Or whomever. Perhaps even this V Day, it's all about you. Not a thang wrong with it.
I wanted to show the versatility of this Sears Kardashian Kollection Lace Cocktail Dress.
It's true to size with a zip back and a lace neck, back and sleeves. The hemline is just right and after trying my hand at taking a few steps, it doesn't rise which can sometimes be a problem for me "and" these hips. Per previous posts, I am fan of the Kardashian Kollection particularly because of the fit. Most pieces are body conscious and great for those of us who are "ample." Picture pairing with pumps and a clutch as classic. But you can also get a bit more funky and play the LBD down. I love these Lulu*s suede booties especially the peek-a-boo toe and paired with a small bag which can either be rocked as a clutch or across the chest, I played up a more comfy approach to the evening. And I knuckled up with some extra bling on the fingers! But I also wanted a show-stopper, hubba-hubba look. 
Picture your date arriving and you step to the door rocking the LBD with leather thigh-high boots. I've had this Chinese Laundry style for at least a couple of years. I've seen similar styles everywhere. The fit is flattering. I rock over denim, leggings and pair with dresses and skirts all the time. The kitten heel allows me to be comfortable whenever I wear them but pairing them with this LBD just exuded sexy for me. Way to make his jaw drop. 
Do you have a LBD? How would you rock it?

Click here for more looks from my weeklong "The Look of Love" series.

Shop Your Way to maximum savings. Click here for more details. It's quick, free and easy and you earn points for every dollar spent which can then be redeemed so that you can save on future purchases both in-store and online at Sears and Kmart.
--
Click to Subscribe to #BagLadiesLIVE newsletter and don't miss all that's happening in 2014!

New season lineup soon to come to the online airwaves of Bag Ladies Radio. In the meantime, OnDemand/iTunes are 24/7. Check out my fave show picks and access recent shows and the full archive at bagladiesradio.com/listen.  Follow on Twitter and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment