Friday, October 18, 2013

Foodie Friday: Featuring "The Diva Chef", Madison Shannon Kelly #ImAFoodie


Today marks the launch of Foodie Friday, a recurring feature chronicling my #ImAFoodie tales. I like to eat good. I love to dine out. I adore discovering new cuisine and/or hidden gems. And I'm often extended invitations for new restaurant openings, product launches, festivals and "foodie" events. So why not dish write about it. I hope to turn you onto something new in the process or at least make you drool.

This week's Foodie Friday features "The Diva Chef" herself, Madison Shannon Kelly. An Atlanta, GA based up and coming chef, Madison is a self-made pastry chef and owner of Diva Delights.

I've known Madison for a couple of years but only recently upon a trip to Atlanta did I have the absolute pleasure of sampling one of her signature treats, Banana Pudding Cheesecake. Not just a pudding but more than a cheesecake, each Banana Pudding Cheesecake is handmade and made from scratch. Per Madison, "it became a top-seller overnight." I now know why. It's the perfect combo. It's light like pudding but less the "richness" of a cheesecake which can sometimes overwhelm the palette resulting in one taking two bites and being done. Whereas Madison's Banana Pudding Cheesecake can easily be polished in one sitting.

I devoured that which Madison hand-delivered to my hotel with a note as an added personal touch, for breakfast while preparing to depart Atlanta. Each "delight" is clearly both made and packaged with love. The graham cracker crust was a pleasant surprise and so moist and sweet. I literally made sure every bite had a bit of crust. As I continued to indulge, I felt like I was treating myself. Of course I deserved it! As I was eating devouring I mean, I noticed a hint of something that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Per Madison, "Cinnamon is my secret weapon!" And safe to say it totally breaks the mold of traditional banana pudding. Madison also offers strawberry and oreo cheesecake, red velvet cupcakes with the most adorable packaging I've ever seen, cheese balls and individual salad varieties but it's easy to see how upon ordering the Banana Pudding Cheesecake, customers instantly become regulars. I've been craving more ever since. You can catch a glimpse of Madison's swoon-worthy offerings via her Instagram account @mskenterprises.

Madison is working on her website and expanding her brands. In addition to other endeavors which include a reality show, Stiletto Bosses and new food business, Madison is currently working to open a bakery in Lithonia, GA and authoring her first cookbook, "I can cook, DAMMIT, MARRY ME!", which goes on pre-order November 1st 2013. To inquire about ordering and shipping outside of GA which I'm excited to say Madison now offers (be prepared to get in line behind me), contact Madison at Diva Delights via email at mydivadelight@yahoo.com.

Follow Foodie Friday via hashtag #ImAFoodie and on Pinterest.

-- Erin

All new fall lineup soon to come to the online airwaves of Bag Ladies Radio. In the meantime, OnDemand/iTunes are 24/7. Check out my fave show picks and access recent shows and the full archive at bagladiesradio.com/listen.  Follow on Twitter and Instagram @bagladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment