Thursday, October 17, 2013

#HeelsToTheWheels: Kia Ride & Drive at #Blogalicious5

Did you know? I'm a bit of an automotive enthusiast. And you better not be thinking, "but you're just a girl." I had a monthly automotive column in the print edition of Sister2Sister for 3 + years. I loved and still love putting my "heels to the wheels" of new cars. I'm not a grease monkey by any stretch but I do love keeping in the know about what automotive brands are doing. How brands are incorporating technology and making vehicles more functional and amongst Bag Ladies Radio listeners, the style of a vehicle is big topic of dish. You know, the aesthetics. The same as I want my heels to make me look good, I want my vehicle to do so also. 

One of the most popular events held during #Blogalicious5 was Kia's Ride and Drive. Kia was this year's Blogalicious 2013 Title Sponsor. And for the entirety of the 3-day Blogalicious weekend, Kia made three of their models available. Attendees could literally take their pick and cruise the streets of downtown ATL accompanied by a Kia Motors rep who offered tidbits about the functionality and pointed out key features.

I put #HeelsToTheWheels of the 2014 Kia Sorento. I literally had to ditch my responsibilities as this year's Blogalicious 2013 Social Media Partner for just a bit ...Shhhh. A 2013 Top Safety Pick, the Kia Sorento is extremely spacious with third row seating yet from the exterior, amazingly compact. It definitely has a distinct look and feel that dispels the notion you might otherwise have of Kia. As I navigated the streets of downtown Atlanta with my assigned Kia rep and my backseat driver and friend Dorothy Redmond (an auto enthusiast also), the ride was smooth. The features, fuel economy and size make the 2014 Kia Sorento a world-class crossover.

I particularly loved the Panoramic sunroof with electric sunshade which allowed me to open and close with the push of a button. It was a gorgeous day (see the blue sky and the view was gorgeous. The audio system had me at the first jazz tune. I hadn't gotten my fix while at Blogalicious so to relax to the sounds of some good jazz was heaven for me and come to find out, the accompanying Kia rep was a jazz fiend also and we had good dish regarding some of our fave artists. The Bluetooth, Back-Up Warning System and Push-button start were just a few of the other features which caught my eye. I am always on the go and never not busy so a vehicle which allows me to stay mobile yet not miss a beat and look good too, always lends appeal. And even better at a preferable price point. The 2014 Kia Sorento starts at $24,100.00

I won't name names. But I wasn't the only attendee swooning over Kia
Kia got much love as you can see upon closing out the 2013 Blogalicious weekend with a cocktail reception. I wasn't the only one swooning over their 2014 lineup.

What do you think of Kia? Which Kia vehicle do you like most? Could you see yourself putting #HeelsToTheWheels in the Sorento?

P.S. - Thanks to Kia for the goodie bags. Upon Social Media Manager, Marissa Lorenzo's insistence, I grabbed three bags for my kids. They most love the stuffed animal and the pen/stylus.

All new fall lineup soon to come to the online airwaves of Bag Ladies Radio. In the meantime, OnDemand/iTunes are 24/7. Check out my fave show picks and access recent shows and the full archive at bagladiesradio.com/listen.  Follow on Twitter and Instagram @bagladies.


No comments:

Post a Comment