Friday, February 14, 2014

"THE LOOK OF LOVE" LOOK #4, KEEP IT SIMPLE ...

Happy Valentine's Day! So a lot of us wherever we may be, have been hammered by Mother Nature this season. I'm surely Florida bound in my older years. But as a result you might be thinking of a more practical V Day date night look. Thus the base of this look which consists of black Nicki Minaj Solid Leggings from the Kmart collection. I particularly like these leggings because they come in a variety of colors but they are solid and not sheer so nothing is showing that you don't want to be shown. You don't have to feel pressured to wear a long top as a cover-up. And they have elastic panel insets on each side which provides extra give for them hips. The top is just a black sheer v-neck with 3/4 length sleeves previously purchased from Lulu*s. The shoes are barely visible so I won't even bother to mention. I most wanted to showcase what you can do to otherwise dress up a mundane look. So I dug into my closet for a few extras. You can do the same.
I first paired with a previously purchased blazer with a bit of bling on the shoulders. The blazer has a clasp which creates a more tapered look and cinches the waist. Way to flatter and a blazer is just a great layering piece. For the second shot, I just wanted a pop of color so I paired with a coral necklace now at Target and a previously purchased yellow leather cropped blazer and a clutch previously purchased from last year's Prabal Gurung for Target collection. And lastly, I was thinking warmth and texture. Although not terribly visible, in the last shot I layered a black faux fur button-up vest over the top. This is a never been worn piece from the Target/Neiman Marcus Holiday collection from like two years ago. The life of a shopaholic but that's a whole other post. The shoulders of this vest are FAB. It's soft and buttery. I couldn't stop cuddling myself. I can't believe I've not yet worn. And btw, is it just me or do you notice a trend? I sure do love Target it seems. Anyway, and there you have it. Keep it simple …

Click here for this week's featured looks. Here's wishing you …

Shop Your Way to maximum savings. Click here for more details. It's quick, free and easy and you earn points for every dollar spent which can then be redeemed so that you can save on future purchases both in-store and online at Sears and Kmart.
--
Click to Subscribe to #BagLadiesLIVE newsletter and don't miss all that's happening in 2014!

New season lineup soon to come to the online airwaves of Bag Ladies Radio. In the meantime, OnDemand/iTunes are 24/7. Check out my fave show picks and access recent shows and the full archive at bagladiesradio.com/listen.  Follow on Twitter and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment