Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"THE LOOK OF LOVE" LOOK #2

So remember in yesterday's post here, I mentioned wearing the leopard lounge pant with the matching zip front jacket would be a leopard overload for me? Well I went the opposite extreme for Look 2 per my weeklong "The Look of Love" series. I'm not only serving up a baroque print which is "uber romantic" as stated by one of my followers on Instagram but I'm also sporting a complete set.

This set is pulled from the Nicki Minaj for Kmart collection. I first spied the Bomber Jacket and upon trying on the matching Pencil Skirt, I was in love which is a great place to be in seeing as how we are counting down to "love day." Although I'd much prefer to be in love with a man but fashion will have to do.

Baroque is a vintage print. Both pieces are polyester/spandex which means there is a lot of give. The skirt fits perfectly and is very true to size. However, the jacket was a bit oversized. I'm typically M/L but I had to size down to a small because the oversized look was not at all flattering paired with a pencil skirt. But the fit is great. The fabric is comfy and it's just an easy and effortless look. I rocked a tank under the jacket but there are many possibilities. I actually prefer to rock the jacket zipped up instead of open and although my purple suede stiletto pumps scored from Payless a couple years ago, don't really come through as well in this pic, the color was the perfect compliment. I didn't wanna overdo as far as accessories because the print is enough. I didn't wanna be gaudy. But have no fear of prints. Now, where can I find a date?

The jacket is on sale and the skirt too for as little as 4.99!!! And there is even a Keyhole Dress in the same print.  Remember I dropped a dime on Kmart's Shop Your Way program here? Sign up! It's quick, free and easy and you earn points for every dollar spent which can then be redeemed so that you can save on future purchases from everything to clothing and home goods to gas.

What is your fave print? Would you wear this look?


Click to Subscribe to #BagLadiesLIVE newsletter and don't miss all that's happening in 2014!

New season lineup soon to come to the online airwaves of Bag Ladies Radio. In the meantime, OnDemand/iTunes are 24/7. Check out my fave show picks and access recent shows and the full archive at bagladiesradio.com/listen.  Follow on Twitter and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment