Thursday, October 11, 2012

My Lil' Ones FAVE #Blogalicious12 Take-A-Ways ...Part 2 #MommyMidday

So being as though I'm a Mommy, whenever I refer to having to go out of town or travel, the immediate question from my lil' ones is, "what are you going to bring back for me?" And multiply the question by three (I have an 8 yr. old and 6 yr. old twins). So my trek to Las Vegas for #Blogalicious12 was no different. I got one call from my babies while in Vegas and it certainly was not to see how I was doing (they could care less), but rather to check-in on how much swag I had collected for them. Although I did get an "I love you Mommy", before the call was over ;-). I recall being so exhausted when they called. The "I love you Mommy", provided an immediate energy boost ;-). So my previous post as per my #Blogalicious12 Recap Series, detailed my FAVE take-a-ways, here are theirs (I couldn't leave Vegas without their goodies):

I didn't immediately reveal the goods upon return. I set up a nice display as a surprise and invited my kids into the living room to see all that I brought back. Although I don't have the pics to show it, you can only imagine how quickly Mommy's cute little display was totally demolished by 6 hands reaching and grabbing for everything all at once.  I think it took 10 seconds, probably less! 


I knew prior to leaving Vegas that I had to somehow find a way to snag another S.I.S. by Barbie included in our swag bag. I have two girls. The oldest is 8 and my twin girl is 6. Thank you to the attendee (shall remain nameless),  who upon hearing me talk about having two girls, offered me her Barbie. Thank you!!! So I had both Trichelle and Grace and although in my mind, I knew which one would go to which daughter, inevitably they did argue over who would get which one. That's what kids do ...But I diffused the situation with the "quickness" cause that's what Mommies do.

The cookies shaped like purses were also a FAVE amongst my girls. Bear in mind, my 6yr. old son is kinda standing at a distance by this time with the pound puppy face, wondering what is for me. There wasn't necessarily alot of swag that would appeal to him. Admittedly, I had to supplement a bit. I got him a new football, soccer ball and kick ball so he wouldn't feel left out. 

The illuminating glasses were an absolute HIT with my lil' ones! My son grabbed the clear ones and left the purple ones for his sisters. These were compliments of McDonald's from the sponsored "Viva Las Ladies Night", poolside party. McDonald's transformed the Red Rock South Beach Pool into the ultimate ladies night and the glasses were provided along with other accessories like boas and hats, to dress up pictures with the "wanna-be chippendale guys." Alot of fun was had with those guys ;-). Perhaps I will muster the courage to share pics from that night although that would totally contradict my "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" stance.

My 6 yr. old twin daughter is an absolute natural in front of the camera and felt totally compelled to model her new purple illuminating shades, blue monkeywish.com bracelet (also a hit), and as we tagged it, the "blingy ring" also compliments of McDonald's from the sponsored, "Viva Las Ladies Night." My daughter has plenty of showmanship. Note: the monkeywish.com sticker plastered to her chest

The Box Tops For Education change purses appealed to my girls because of the purple color.  And what's crazy, they hit me up for money right away saying, "isn't that what the changes purses are for Mommy?" Thanks Kelly! My kids were actually excited to learn that Mommy scored 300+ Box Tops for Education bucks in the wind booth at #Blogalicious12. My son, "was your hair blowing in the wind booth Mommy?" My reply, "Mommy's hair texture doesn't really support blowing in the wind son. It stood still LOL!" I'm definitely looking forward to donating those bucks to their school. Although I kept the laptop feet, my son kept the McDonald's pouch. His equivalent to a change purse. He wasn't feeling the purple.

This is as close as I got to winning big in Vegas. Although I tried my hand, a "gambler" I am not. So the BTFE bucks were the only bucks I came home with. Still claiming "winning!"

The monkeywish.com bracelets were most popular with my son mostly because the colors weren't "girly" as he says. And upon explaining the concept of monkeywish.com, my kids couldn't wait to run down their Christmas wish lists. My son loved the Gain #GainFresh pin. Why? He's a kid. There isn't always an explanation. My daughter loved the McDonald's, "Viva Las Ladies" tokens until such time as she realized they held no monetary value. The McDonald's earbuds which were given away throughout the conference were a fave of my oldest. She has both a NOOK and a Nintendo 3DS. Let's see how long these earbuds last. All the earbuds previously given to or bought rather for her, have all gone missing. She is only 8 yet already a gadget fiend. She's sometimes more up to par on the latest and greatest gadgets, than I am.

Kellogs being a sponsor, each of my kids got their own bowl along with some random treats like cereal,  Mott's Snack & Go Applesauce Pouches and more. And trust, as far as my lil'ones were concerned, there could've been more. Kids ...#MommyMidday

BONUS: I attempted to shoot my kids via socialcam, as I surprised them with "swag" but alas, I had to stop abruptly because the, "that's mine" arguments were starting to get out of control. Note: The audio speaks for itself ;-). The funniest moment is my son mocking me by saying, "swagger."


There were alot of Mommies in attendance at #Blogalicious12 and it was such a pleasure meeting some of you and exchanging tales. How did you distribute swag amongst your little ones or did you keep the swag all to yourself? Please share.

--
Lady Erin
@bagladies

1 comment: