Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Whipping It Back and Forth In The 2011 Cadillac SRX

Heated seats, a place to hide shopaholic paraphernalia, Dual Screen DVD and did I say, heated seats? At first glance, the 2011 Cadillac SRX will certainly draw your attention but even if it doesn’t, what may be lacking on the outside is certainly made up for, on the inside. The Cadillac brand does itself great justice because the newly designed 2011 SRX provides sleek, visual appeal and although classified as an SUV, the 2011 SRX embodies a luxury only matched by Lexus RX 350, Audi Q5, BMW X3 and Mercedes GLK but at a much more cost effective price. It’s no longer the disappointing 2010 version which more closely resembled a station wagon and left consumers very much disenchanted. Once behind the wheel you will fastly realize why the 2011 Cadillac SRX is the best-selling vehicle amongst luxury crossover SUV’s.

Although you don’t necessarily associate an SUV with compactness, the SRX doesn’t weigh as heavy as the cargo volume, height and width might suggest. I know because during a Holiday shopping spree which I embarked on with full intent to shop for everyone but myself, I deterred and was surprised by the cargo space of which I utilized to hide certain items. The SRX has a rear cargo shade which can be used to separate items as needed…”all the better to hide my dear”, and a floor cargo area as per the hidden cargo management system. Cadillac uses the word “hidden” in the term so how can one expect it to be used for any other purpose? I (an admitted “shopaholic”), actually forgot about the items I placed in that floor cargo space but thankfully remembered before the scheduled pick-up time.

Cadillac is a recognizable brand and the grille with the Cadillac crest garners attention. I received quite a few thumbs up while in transit and engaging in the life that is me, Lady Erin for the week that I had the pleasure of whipping the 2011 Cadillac SRX back and forth. The presentation which is what I’m most immediately drawn to in a vehicle, is such that it’s a pleasure every time you put the SRX on the road and even moreso because the keyless access and remote start ensures that it’s ready to go. For those not familiar, per DMV.org, “A remote starter allows you to start your car or truck using a key-fob remote control―without going outside. If you left the heat or A/C on, it turns on when the engine does. Your car can warm up cool down, so it's nice and comfortable when you get in.” But as much as a remote starter is great, when I first see heated seats as per any vehicle’s specs, I’m in love. And trust, if you’ve never rested your "cold as ice" bottom on heated seats on a winter morning, you don’t know what you are missing.

The SRX is high-tech luxury and includes fabulous features so every time I left the office and stepped up (I’m only 4’11”), and into the SRX, I didn’t miss a beat. Everything from the standard touch screen and easy to use OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation (rises out of the dashboard), which allows you to specify the details of where you need to be and results in voice led Turn-by-Turn instructions on how to get there along with real time weather and traffic data. And although I primarily listened to El Debarge’s newest release, Second Chance during my time spent with the 2011 Cadillac SRX, the AM/FM/XM/CD radio with MP3 capability and 8-speaker Bose audio is not to be overlooked.

The Bluetooth for Phone allowed me to maintain constant and safe hands free contact with Madame Myra and handle all Bag Ladies Radio bizness while traveling to and fro. The rearview camera is a luxury that I absolutely love. It lessens the work required when it comes to backing up or parking. It’s like another set of eyes and combined with the alert which notifies you if too close to another vehicle or curb, you can park quickly, safely and with virtually no effort …it may even afford you bragging rights because you simply can’t park poorly with this feature.

The SRX comfortably seats five and includes luxuries some of which are standard, others of which are optional such as leather seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, Ultra View panoramic sunroof (like having a skylight in your car), and iPod integration port.

As I am a “Bag Mommy”, the rear Dual Screen DVD’s lessened the “don’t touch me”, “you’re too close to me”, “stop looking at me” arguments because it was suppressed by, “A Charlie Brown Christmas”, “Daddy Daycare” and “Toy Story 3”. As a Parent, this feature perhaps outweighs all others because nothing can compare to the comfort and peace of quiet kids. Can I get an Amen!!

The walnut matte interior made for great “eye candy”. And various compartments from the doors to the seats, ensure you ain’t driving around with junk everywhere. You can stash stuff everywhere and out of the way. The front cup holder provided a perfect base for my Febreeze Pomegranate Reed Diffuser …you know I’m all about aesthetics ;-). Cup holders don’t have to be just for beverages. The smooth handling further complimented by front-wheel drive with traction control and StabiliTrack electronic stability control made for, to put it simply, a great ride. Turns and cuts were effortless. Handling was light. And the 3.0L, V6 Direct Injection provides robust power and allows you to go from 0 to 60mph in just 8.2 seconds with 265hp.

Although it’s been argued that the 2011 Cadillac SRX versus the 2010 model, is slightly heavier and affords less mileage, regardless of the specs and numerous design changes, it’s all about how you feel as a consumer and driver behind the wheel and as long as your preferences are met which definitely can and will be either by way of standard features or optional add-on’s, the 2011 Cadillac SRX is definitely worthy of consideration. The 2011 Cadillac SRX is rugged yet fabulously classy whereas I felt just as comfortable kicking it in my Add Down “Gloss Puffer” Jacket and UGG “Cassady” boots as I did in my Lanvin for H&M dress and Badgley Mischka “Humbie 2” pumps.

Sometimes our love of automobiles is discounted simply because we are women but we love to whip it back and forth in a fabulous ride, just as much as the next ...man. I enjoyed doing so in the 2011 Cadillac SRX. The starting MSRP is $34k.
--
Lady Erin
--
Bag Ladies Reality Radio ...REAL Women, REAL Talk!
LIVE, 7:30p EST every Wednesday ...
--

No comments:

Post a Comment