Tuesday, August 12, 2014

#BAGLADIESLIVE WEEKEND: POSTED UP AT @BOULEVARDOFCHIC, FLOSSING WITH BALLERS AND #HEELSTOTHEWHEELS WITH @KIA

This weekend was a flurry of activity. I managed to get to and fro and from here to there to everywhere in the 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid EX. I can't rightly complain about having to play the "social buttafly" when putting #heelstothewheels in a nice whip. And with features like a panoramic sunroof that almost goes front to back, power folding outside mirrors, bluetooth and more, the 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid EX definitely fits the bill. And there's so much more to share. Be sure to follow my chronicles on Instagram and Twitter @bagladies via hashtag #heelstothewheels.
My twins and I from inside the 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid EX. As someone commented on IG, "turn down for what?"
One of my fave pitstops this weekend was at fashion Truck Rally, Boulevard of Chic which went down at Rash Field in Baltimore, MD. It was a free festival of fashion. And with my lil' ones in tow, we posted up and browsed some wonderful vendors that had great pieces. I also attended to lend support to participating online boutique Hannah Monet. The young ladies of Hannah Monet recently outfitted me in a fabulous maxi wrap dress for a recent speaking engagement. Read here. I wasn't surprised in the least of how in awe attendees were of their pieces. The shopaholic in me was just itching to come out. This jaunt had me shopping more for my kids than myself. Aren't they lucky?
The rally included a fashion show
Modeling one of Hannah Monet's most popular pieces, their tulle skirt
Not only was there fashion but there was food and a manicure station set up by Baltimore based polish brand Underground Nail Queenz. My daughters are accustomed to seeing Mommy swagged out so how could I not treat them to some swag by @jazzyliciouz_nailz for copping two bottles of glow in the dark polish. I've been following @ugn_queenz on Instagram for awhile so it was nice to have a name and a face to put with the polish brand. Always on my networking mojo :-). And my girls were the happier for it of course.

My mini-me getting her swag on
Underground Nail Queenz Polish Display
Keep in mind, there's an artist at work ...
My daughters posted up
There were fab finds
Like these
And sales. But I had to suppress the shopaholic in me
Be nice if I had a haul to go along with this piece but I exercised restraint
I did indulge in one of the food trucks though and satisfied my hankering for some Korean grub. This bulgogi was YUM!
And if you thought that was all, my kids had a grand time snapping photos and flossing with Washington Wizards player, John Wall. This was an event put on by the Boys and Girls Club of America. My three attend a local club. The event was a back to school affair hosted by John Wall's non-profit, #2squad during which the kids got to meet John Wall and they also received a backpack and a tee designed by Sean John
My lil' ones 
I lost sight of my 10 year old for a hot sec and she returned having done an interview with a local tv station about the event. I was beaming ...
Tees were distributed
Backpacks were given out just in time for the new school year
And these Sean John tees were adorable. I tried to cop one
My son is all smiles next to one of his fave bball players, John Wall
His twin sis got her photo opp too
And let's not forget my oldest mini-me
Posted up ...
My weekend roll dawgs ...
    My kids are just days away from kicking off the new school year so anything to amp them up to kick off the new year with a bang, is always welcome. My son who plays basketball, was totally in his element and enjoyed every minute as did I, enjoy watching them have such a good time. That's what it's really all about anyway ...

SPEAKING OF BACK TO SCHOOL, HOW READY ARE YOU?

--
Follow me on IG/Twitter and Vine @bagladies.
--
 

New season lineup soon to come to the online airwaves of Bag Ladies Radio. In the meantime, OnDemand/iTunes are 24/7. Check out my fave show picks and access recent shows and the full archive at bagladiesradio.com/listen. Follow on Twitter and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment