Monday, June 16, 2014

#BEAUTYTALK: 5 REASONS WHY YOU ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR HAIR

I dished all things hair and beauty Saturday while hosting "Nappy Hour" presented by Loc Lov Styles  (it was a blast btw), and I came to the conclusion that I am by far not the only one who has a relationship with their hair. Do any of these apply to you? Uh, then welcome to the club.

1. If you talk to your hair. And I don't mean "hi" and "bye" talk. I mean lengthy conversations where you express and convey your love for your mane usually in front of a mirror. But let's not forget when your reprimand your hair also for not working witcha on a bad hair day.

2. Upon receiving a compliment, you stroke your hair, twist the coils or play with it in a semi-coy way the same as you might nuzzle up to your man or boo thang when someone says, "you make a cute couple." I have a mean habit of when my locs are down particularly, I literally look at them and stroke them as if they are soft as feathers. Can't tell me nuffin.

3. On a day when you hair looks particularly good, you sway those hips and dance for your hair in the mirror (a full length one), while complimenting your hair and yourself. "Oooh girl, you look good today." You might even get your sang on too.

4. You peruse YouTube and Pinterest looking for styles in the best interest of your mane, the same as you would browse an online dating site.

5. You never disappoint your hair. Your style is always a compliment. If your hair looks good, your fashion sense is even better. The same as if stepping out on a date, you gotta keep him on his toes. You show-off you.

If any of these apply to you, I'll be the first one to tell you that you are indeed in a relationship with your hair. And I wish you years of love and happiness. My relationship with my hair just might be the most healthy relationship I've ever had :-). Feel free to add to my list in the comments. I'd love to hear yours.
--
Follow me on IG/Twitter and Vine @bagladies.

--

 
New season lineup soon to come to the online airwaves of Bag Ladies Radio. In the meantime, OnDemand/iTunes are 24/7. Check out my fave show picks and access recent shows and the full archive at bagladiesradio.com/listen.  Follow on Twitter and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment