Tuesday, April 9, 2013

#BEAUTYTALK: THE "TWEET" FOR A GOOD MASCARA

The tweet that started it all!!! Upon entering Target to grab one thing, I quickly recalled that I had run out of my fave mascara earlier in the morning much to my dismay. How could it be I asked myself. I tried my best to scrape the wand and all I got was nothing. Why didn't I re-up before finding myself completely out? Blame it on my head, not my heart. But while standing in the beauty aisle(s) at Target, I realized I didn't have a clue as to what I wanted or what was all the rage in mascara right now. I'm a beauty junkie, not an expert. There is a difference. I honestly hadn't purchased a drugstore brand in ages. My last mascara purchase was Bare Escentuals Buxom Amplified Lash in Loud Black from www.sephora.com.

I couldn't choose just one.
I knew if I didn't grab it, I wouldn't have time otherwise and going a day without mascara is NOT an option. It's part of my minimal beauty routine even meaning if nothing else, I apply mascara. I know, take to Twitter! I sent out a #BeautyTalk (named after my most popular #BagLadiesLIVE segment),  "tweet" and Twitter ignited in an uproar and almost instantaneously, I received two suggestions for Maybelline. Instead of taking on the undue pressure of choosing, I grabbed both the Colossal Volum'Express and the Falsies Volum'Express in true #Shopaholic style. At this point, I had a basket cart and more than just one item.

How many of you can relate to going into Target for one thing yet consistently meaning all the time, every time, leaving with ten thangs?! But I digress ...The bottomline is that of the two, I am completely hooked on the Colossal Volum'Express.

Upon cracking the package the following day and applying, I mean it extended my lashes amazingly well fabulously, less the clumps which for some reason I always have a problem with when it comes to my lashes. And my lashes tend to stick together so I am somewhat particular about mascara but not only did the Colossal lengthen but the wand brush also separated my lashes and produced a much fuller effect, totally exceeding my expectations. I also noticed the wand handle being wider and larger made it much easier for me to maneuver and apply. I'm quite a bit sold. I've yet to try the Falsies but I'm now dying to. S/O to followers @SeventhDistrict and @Vanessa_Gyan for their input.

What is your fave mascara and why??? Do you have lash issues too with clumping or sticking together???

P.S. I cannot tell a lie, I didn't stop at the mascara. One of my followers, @ClumpsofMascara, turned me onto a new lip color per a pic posted to IG. It's Maybelline Vivid Rose. The pic doesn't do the color justice but I'm in love ...Yet again. Smooches!


Visit www.maybelline.com, for product and purchasing information.
--
For #BagLadiesLIVE segments, showtimes and more, visit www.bagladiesradio.com. Click to follow me on IG and Twitter @ bagladies.
--
Catch up on the dish you missed by going to www.bagladiesradio.com/listen. Scroll down to OnDemand and press play.
--


No comments:

Post a Comment