Tuesday, August 30, 2016

SPILLING THE TEA ON THE WICKED BLOOM'S TASTY NEW MENU #TeaTimeTues

The same as we freshen up our humble abode so too do bars, seasonally. And even better when said bar whose former sister spot you frequented, extends you an exclusive invitation to sample fresh new menu items (cocktails included). That was a mouthful and my mouth pretty much stayed full at last week's The Wicked Bloom Social Club #TasteTheWicked.
The Wicked Bloom is an around da way spot (if from Washington, DC, you understand the reference), known for signature small plates. The atmosphere is intimate, casual and laid back with a Cheers vibe but with a wonderfully modern decor. 
Just keep pouring, pouring, pouring ...
The staff makes an actual genuine effort to chop it up with you and ensure "you're good" translation, stuffed "nice" and not wanting for anything. It's cool to post up as I often do at local DC dives, and just admire the surroundings whilst engaging in great conversation and nibbling delectable fare.
Photo: PixofDC
The bonus is that some of the menu items are inspired by former sister spot DCity SmokeHouse known for having elevated the Washington, DC barbecue scene.
Decisions ... 
I think I'll start with a specialty cocktail. It didn't disappoint. / Photo: PixofDC
The deviled eggs sprinkled with old bay and topped with bacon, were the hit of the night. / Photo: PixofDC

Sure, I'll have another specialty cocktail. But be warned or delighted I should say, there are no limitations. Tell any of the staff and they will whip you up something, anything that suits your preferences. / Photo: PixofDC

Where there are oysters, I won't be far behind. / Photo: PixofDC
In formation ...
Bottoms up!
Behind the bar...The ever accommodating staff. I caught some great snaps with these two.
Don't mind if I do ... / Photo: PixofDC
A club stuffed to the brim, just the way I likey ... / Photo: PixofDC
Good food, good drinks, good vibes, good friends. What more can a gal ask for? I'll think of something and next time I pay a visit to The Wicked Bloom Social Club, they will surely oblige.
Ready to dig in? / Photo: PixofDC
The Wicked Bloom Social Club is located in the Bloomingdale (hence the name) section of DC at 1540 North Capital Street, NW. Tell em' @bagladies sent ya! 

Thanks to the terribly accommodating staff of The Wicked Bloom DC, Whitney Stringer and fellow Photographer, Eric Linderman of http://www.pixofdc.com. He totally made up for moments I missed behind the lens. Click HERE to view the full album and follow on Instagram @pixofdc

Follow me on IG/Twitter/Periscope/Snapchat and Vine @bagladies. 

--
 

OnDemand/iTunes are 24/7. Check out my fave show picks and access recent shows and the full archive at bagladiesradio.com/listen. Follow on Twitter and Instagram.








No comments:

Post a Comment