Friday, September 4, 2009
LABOR DAY: Ideas On How To Spend Without Having To ...Spend
As much as we'd all like to hit the road jack, it's not feasible for everyone. So Bag Ladies has a few cool ideas from Madame Myra's weekly Top 10. So if you don't already have plans, perhaps you might after reading this. And if all else fails, forget the cuddling and instead, drown your sorrows about the fact that you are stuck at home by hitting the malls, stores and boutiques for hella discounts and bargains. Have a great and safe Labor Day Weekend! We'll chat with ya Tuesday ...7p EST only on bagladiesradio.com
3. Buy all the fixings for tacos and make your own at home. You need only a handful of ingredients: tomato, avocado, meat, cheese, shells. Download Latin songs onto your iPod to set a festive mood.
4. Head to a casino with $20 in change and play the slot machines. They often serve free cocktails on the casino floor.
5. Have dinner at a bar during happy hour. There are usually drink specials, and you might also score free appetizers (or at least a gratis bowl of chips). Plus, cozying up on bar stools can feel more intimate than sitting across from each other at a table.
6. Teach each other to play your favorite video games, then place a sexy wager (whoever wins gets treated to a full-body massage that night, for example) before going head-to-head.
7. Belt out some tunes at your local karaoke bar. Sing with the crowd in the bar area for free or rent a private room, which usually runs about $6 to $15 an hour. They typically have anything from Celine Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On” to Kanye West’s “Love Lockdown.”
8. Go roller skating at a local rink. General admission is usually around $10, including the skate rentals. Even if you suck, you can still have a blast falling on your asses.
9. Plan a date in reverse. Meet for brunch (breakfast is usually cheaper than dinner), then hit an afternoon movie for the matinee price. Finally, make your way back home and spend the rest of the day in bed together.