Monday, August 19, 2013

I LOVE IT WHEN AN "OUTFIT" COMES TOGETHER

As I've dished on air, I dress according to my mood. I don't plan in advance. I don't map out a strategy. I go with what I feel be it comfy. Be it cute. Be it sexy, colorful or whatever. The only exception being when attending an event that has a required dress code. I love when I attempt a new look or never before worn look I should say because what is new for me may not be new for you. But when I rock something new, I love when I just love the look. I like being creative with my style.

Thus a look from this weekend that I rocked while hanging with my Dad. The weather Saturday in Washington, DC was GORGEOUS to say the least. I can't wait until fall. It was sunny. The temps didn't get much above 70 and my Dad and I did everything from a sidewalk brunch to stroll the streets. And my outfit which consisted of men's camouflage shorts (my co-host, +Danielle Gray, is rubbing off on me), a cropped neon tank and black and white wedges were the perfect compliment. I had the shorts for at least two months but never worn and I awoke Saturday morning in the mood for camo. But I so wanted a pop of color too. I hadn't yet worn the tank and it paired perfectly. I tightened up the look with chunky neckwear, arm candy and I love the outfit that came together.
Still trying to perfect the "selfie." #PardonMyFro Neon Tank, www.olivepaperie.com / Mossimo Belted Cargo Men's Camo Shorts, www.target.com / Black and White Wedges, Limited Edition Prabal Gurung for Target. These Tate by Sole Society are a close second
I'm only 5' and I knew my Dad and I would likely be out and about so I wanted to be comfy but still have some height. My Dad towers over me at like 6'4 and I wanted to at least rise above his knee caps in the pictures we would likely take. Secondly, I just wanted a bit more pop and sexiness in my footwear. I just was not in the mood for a total solid color. Honestly, if I wasn't gonna be on my feet for most of the day, I could've totally rocked pumps with this look too. I love doing that the same as rocking a pump with casual sweats and a cute tee and blazer. Peep the #NailSwag. The pink is Urban Outfitters "Hot Tub."
A close-up of the #PardonMyFro cropped tank. I love that Dana (Designer), threw in a free print because the shipping of this tank was delayed. Such a sweet gesture. www.olivepaperie.com 
See how tall my Dad is? Now you get why I needed the wedge to give me some height.
And you thought the outfit made my day? Oysters on the half-shell baby!! Hope you had a great weekend too!
How do you dress or plan your looks? This was the first time in a long time rocking menswear of any kind. Have you ever? If so, what?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For #BagLadiesLIVE segments, showtimes and more, visit www.bagladiesradio.com. Click to follow me on IG and Twitter @ bagladies.
Catch up on the dish you missed by going to www.bagladiesradio.com/listen. Scroll down to OnDemand and press play.

No comments:

Post a Comment